Wednesday 3 July 2013

Delicate '50s monochrome

I love going back to see the cakes that I've made in the past and this is an old favourite of mine and a few years old now! I love the way this cake, even though it has the harsh colours of black and white is so delicate and is so completely softened by the scalloped edges along the top and bottom and the large sugar bow. Square cakes to me are more contemporary and this one certainly is although the dress that it was based on was a '50s style strapless dress (very similar to the dress below) with beautiful underskirt which is mimicked by the flowers underneath the scalloped edge.
 

I am planning to make this cake again in a different colour to see if it has the same affect that I am in love with. Possibly even replacing the bow with a large flower.  I will post pictures after it's completed to give a step by step guide.
In the meantime though, look out for our bow tutorial where we'll show step by step guide on how to make bows and ideas of cakes that can be made with these bows. Ideas are forming in my mind already!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment